Versatile full-stack developer with over 12 years of experience developing for multiple CMS and e-commerce platforms.
- Contributed to projects using WordPress, Craft CMS and Drupal
- Collaborated with multiple distributed teams
- Developed custom modules for client Craft CMS projects
- Maintained sites using Timber for WordPress
- Integrated APIs for custom solutions, both modules and console commands
- Acted as Tech Lead on multiple projects
- Built frontend components using Twig templating for Craft CMS
- Recruited to transition development in-house
- Grew development team to include two junior developers
- Introduced Agile processes which were adopted across multiple departments
- Improved Web Development processes to increase capacity
- Increased capacity of web projects by an average of 43% per year
- Introduced tiered hosting plans and onboarded ~40% of clients
- Created monthly maintenance plans and onboarded ~45% of clients
- Developed solutions for clients using WordPress, Drupal, Squarespace, Shopify and ExpressionEngine
- Lead redesign of company site, and was the sole developer of a complete rebrand
- Contract to hire position
- Lead multiple teams replatforming and redesigning existing online stores
- Improved ROI with online store optimization and retargeting
- Worked closely with outside vendors on various initiatives such as inventory syncing
- Collaborated with marketing teams to implement new campaigns and tracking
- Built solutions using Magento, Shopify, Demandware and more
- Notable clients: Pacsun, American Fighter, Branded Online, Active Ride Shop, Affliction Clothing, Planet Blue, Heidi Klum Intimates
- Worked with the design team to translate mockups to front-end templates using ExpressionEngine, Laravel and Craft
- Maintained a legacy PHP application for healthcare testing with over 900 million database records
- Developed a Laravel app to serve ads to mobile apps
- Built several mobile games and the first-ever mobile app for a large brewery
- Helped improve revenue-driven results through auto finance leads
- Worked closely with the engineering team to improve lead generating algorithms
- Built admin dashboards for analyzing and adjusting PPC ad keywords and bids
- Created landing page templates for micro-sites using HTML/CSS/JS
I've had the pleasure of working on many projects independently that have challenged me or helped make a difference for others. Here are just a few that I'm proud of.
Seedling - A WordPress starter theme built using the Timber library. Uses Twig templating, Gulp, Browsersync and Bootstrap 4.
Davis Theater - A WordPress theme and plugin built for a Chicago based historic movie theater. The plugin interfaces with the theater's POS system to show current films and buy tickets. Pulls extra information from The Movie DB.
Pacsun Golden State of Mind - A summer micro site to celebrate the brand Pacsun. Built using Foundation 5 and Demandware.
SaveOn - Worked on routing, layouts and front-end design/development for the initial build. Built originally using Laravel 3, then upgraded to 4.
Grand Rapids FC - A responsive WordPress site built for a local semi-pro soccer club. I maintain the site and stat updates myself as a volunteer.